The internet (or the internet) is an extensive network of computers connecting around the world. It contains the information and technological tools that anyone with an internet connection can access. When we say that something is online, we usually mean that it is on the internet.
Also read: 2 Strategies to Improve Customer Service
How Does The Internet Work?
To connect to the internet, you need an electronic device, such as a computer or also a smartphone, and choose the internet service provider (ISP). An ISP is a company that has special computers, called servers, with which you have access to the Internet.
Additional Information: https://www.knowaboutanything.com
A communication protocol is a set of guidelines or regulations that all computer network users must obey. In other words, they are the rules for the transmission of data between two or more points or computers.
TCP or Transmission Control Protocol (for its acronym in English) is a system of standardized instructions that details how computers communicate with each other. Finally, it was invented by Bob Kahn and Vint Cerf between 1973 and 1974.
One of the essential protocols is the internet or IP protocol, responsible for routing and delivering data and information packets.
Files or documents travel between computers in pieces called packages. We transform each packet into a binary system of 1 and 0 to send to its destination.
These data packets are associated with the IP address of the recipient and the sender. Special computers called routers send this information to the destination address. The destination computer receives the packages and rearranges them to the original document.
It is like taking a puzzle apart and sending each piece through a different mail carrier to another place where it is assembling.
- It is open to everyone: it is a public system that anyone can access.
- All connections are shared.
- The information is presented in the form of text, images, and videos.
- It has exponential growth.
- At last, it is not centralized: no one point controls all the others.
Types Of Internet Connection
Internet connections have different bandwidths (or speeds) that are partially dependent on the device’s capacity to connect to the internet and the ISP. Broadband services mean higher rates. Subsequently, we mention the most used types of internet connection.
Digital subscription line
Firstly, Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) service is a form of broadband communication that can use telephone lines and fiber optic cables for transmission.
Another way to access the [internet] is through your cable television service company. For this, we need a device naming splitter that separates television signals and [internet] data.
Lastly, satellite [internet] providers are an option in rural areas. It requires the installation of a satellite disk.
The [internet] is part of many aspects of modern civilization. It is not uncommon to meet people who express that life would be impossible without the [internet] as we know it now. The current uses that we give to the internet are:
- Information search: the amount of available information online is abysmal, most of it for free.
- Education: we can learn about various topics and areas, learn different languages and techniques, for free or for a fee, all in-home comfort. For example: on websites like edX.org and coursera.org, you can take courses from universities in Spain, Colombia, and the US without having to travel to those countries.
- Online communication: we can talk and write messages to our family and friends anywhere in the world, either through email, text messaging, or video conference.
- E-commerce: you can buy and sell without leaving home. Websites like Amazon.com and Ebay.com are platforms where it is possible to buy practically everything. Banking transactions are also part of electronic commerce.
- Fun and Games: Most people use their computers and smartphones to have fun, listen to music, watch videos, and also play video games.
- Social networks: be it through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat, the internet has transformed the way of making friends and socializing.
Also read: What Is A Blog? – Definition, Characteristics, And More
Which Types of Design Do You Need?
Which Types of Design Do You Need As technology is evolving, people are shifting their business more to the online…
Five Reasons Athletes are Flocking to CBD
Five Reasons Athletes are Flocking to CBD Athletes frequently suffer from severe pain and therefore are nearly constantly hurting. Since…