Table of Contents
Sunscreen and Skin protection – When the sun is hot in summer, you must primarily protect your skin. Sunlight is essential for vitamin D production but contains UV rays that can cause sunburn, skin cancer, and photoaging. 95% of the UV rays we are easily exposed to are UVA. UVA darkens the skin and is a significant cause of skin cancer. The remaining 5% is UVB, which can cause severe damage to the skin, causing sunburn, inflammation, and hyperpigmentation.
What Type Of Sunscreen Should We Choose?
Sunscreens are divided into organic and mineral sunscreens according to their main components. Organic sunscreen, also called sunscreen, is a chemical that protects the skin by absorbing ultraviolet rays instead of the skin, converting them into heat, and releasing them. It is mainly effective in blocking UVA rays and preventing skin damage caused by sunlight. Sunscreen and Skin protection is the main ingredient, and since it works after being absorbed into the skin, it should be rubbed thoroughly and applied 30 minutes before going out. There is no whitening effect, but it can cause itching and allergic reactions in people with sensitive skin.
Which Sunscreen Should We Choose?
The American Academy of Dermatology mentions a sunscreen with a sunlight protection factor (SPF) of at minimum 30 that is water and sweat resistant—the sun protection factor measures how effective a product is against UVB and UVA 2 rays. Applying sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher daily for daily activities is recommended. For those who do a lot of outdoor activities and workouts doors, sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher is recommended.
Is Sunscreen Safe?
Inorganic sunscreens are not absorbed by the body and are reported to be safe. Organic sunscreens are also safe, but information on systemic absorption is limited. There are also concerns about nanoparticles in sunscreens. Therefore, skin health-conscious people are advised to stick to inorganic sunscreens and avoid sunscreens containing nanoparticles and nanotechnology. In addition, sunscreen is not recommended for infants under six months of age whose skin barrier is immature.
What is the Correct Use of Sunscreen?
Sunscreen should be reapplied sufficiently and repeatedly to all sun-exposed areas. Remember the “teaspoon rule” when applying sunscreen. One teaspoon for the face and neck is recommended, two teaspoons for the front and back of the body, one teaspoon for each arm, and two for each leg. Sunscreen should be applied at least 10 minutes before sun exposure.
Increase Sun Protection With Clothing
Sunscreen isn’t the only way to protect compared to UV rays. “Wear sun protection, such as a hat and sunglasses,” says New York dermatologist Dr. Amy Wexler. “It may look neurotic, but sun exposure is the leading cause of premature aging and skin cancer.” If it is cumbersome to apply sunscreen frequently, actively use your clothes.
Apply Sunscreen to Your Lips Too
Sunscreen and Skin protection is most people don’t neglect to apply sunscreen on their faces and body, but sometimes they forget about their lips. Doctors were particularly suspicious of skin cancer around the lips. In addition, using the same sunscreen on your lips can feel awkward and weird. He advised me to apply a lip balm with excellent sun protection in this case.
Navigating the Challenges of Loitering: A Business Perspective
Loitering—the act of lingering aimlessly in public spaces—poses a unique set of challenges for businesses. While public spaces are meant…
3 Benefits Of Hiring The Perfect SEO Services in New York
3 Benefits Of Hiring The Perfect SEO Services in New York There is a wide range of industries and businesses…